Welcome to SDRA-2015!
Saturday June 27, 2015
Going back to the very inspiring experiences at FOSDEM 2015 at Brussels, we at Deutscher Amateur Radio Club (DARC e.V.) decided to host a sub-conference to our annual main venue, HAMRADIO at Friedrichshafen, with 17000 visitors, as of last year 2014. We have understood that about 80% of the SDR developer community around GNURadio and other SDR technologies hold an Amateur Radio license. Even though SDR is a software topic, the real audience is more likely to be found at a major venue for radio enthusiasts.
The Software Defined Radio Academy has the following goals:
- Support and drive institutional and personal research around Software Defined Radio
- Establish a conference where SDR developers can meet
- Attract Radio Amateurs and show paths into SDR
- Define a scientific format for talks, presentations and posters
- Define a publication platform together with the DARC publishing house
- Demonstrate modern radio technology to the interested public audience
Even though started just now the SDRA implements the procedures and routine of a major scientific conference. Our publishing house (DARC Verlag GmbH) has agreed to take care of the publication of articles on most recent research. We also work with a Senior Programme Committee of three Scientists (professors) from German universities who are also Radio Amateurs.
Please consider our Call For Papers:
If you think that your research is worth demonstrating to an interested audience, feel free to contact us! We will be happy to help you with your publication. We are also happy about introductory talks that can help newbies to start into this thrilling and fascinating field of technology: